Wednesday 11 November 2009

All Done

This pretty much ends the hardware side of things. I'll finish off this blog once I've recieved a few items to finish off the external cosmetics.

I didn't bother connecting the Left hand controller ports. I had a cable for it, but it didn't fit right, and I honestly didn't really care enough to make all 4 ports work. Only one is needed for the DVD remote, and port 3 is also live, should I never need to connect an xbox controller. I may, at some point, replace port 1 and 2 with standard USB ports, but until I need access to additional ports, it's just extra work.

In order to seat the lid, I had to remove the shielding, and snap off all features, excect the 4 corner screw points. The chassis provides just enough room for the board (with CPU fan), cut down versions of the original drive mounts, and all appropriate cables. There is no room for anything else in this build. I originally wanted to add an extra fan, but there wasn't enough clearance...

I've tested the system for up to 3 or 4 hous, and while it is certainly producing some heat, it isn't enough to be a concern.

I netglected to take images of the build without it's lid, to show how snug the contents are, and I haven't shown the hole I made in the lid cutting away one of the original screwpoints (Arrrgh! Clumsy!). Fortunately, the vinyl skin will cover that neatly. Expect more iamges soon.

1 comment: