Wednesday 11 November 2009

Front Panel

The next task is to connect the original XBox front panel.






(Image taken from sickmods.com without permission).
The XBox front panel connect to the motherboard with a 10-pin block. Obviously the pinouts are not going to sit on the Zotac as they are. The Image above shows the block appropriate wiring.

The control panel is actually positioned perfectly. I snipped some wiring from an old system to connect to the Board.

Left: I soldered the wires. Right: Endblock is a standard 2-pin connector. The process can be repeated for the two LEDs on the control panel.

At first, I connected the wire from the Power/HDD LEDs pins on the main board, but then opted for just a solid power display, without HDD activity. I also got the wrong pin for the left LED, and ended up with Red instead of Green. Ultimately decided to keep it this way, as I think it looks better!

No comments:

Post a Comment