Friday 6 November 2009

Fitting The Motherboard

After stripping the componants, I had to remove as much as I could from the floor of the chassis, to make room for standoffs. Like most other small parts, I was able to grab these from work or lying around at home.





After realising that the board would need to be seated away from the optical drive, I cut a panel for the IO shield. It should be said here, that this is where most of my problems began. This is my first case mod, and I lack the tools and skill to make ANY of this look perfect. This photo has been touched up to look neater. Anybody else doing the same project will have MUCH bretter results if they use the correct tools.

Again, this image has been touched up slightly. The board DOES fit nicely, and careful tooling will result in a better finish than I got.

Left image shows the board fixed in place. Second image shows drives seated for testing. I couldn't wait to start playing with the software hehe. Notice the switch? It's a temporary attachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment