Monday 2 November 2009

Motherboard arrived....

The Motherboard arrived at work today, and it's a day ahead of schedule :) The board is so small it's a joke, and the external PSU means I should have no trouble finding room inside the XBox chassis to mount a drive etc. The XBox hasn't turned up yet, but the entry on eBay has been upgraded to "Despatched"



I'm half and half on whether I'll be using a Solid State Drive in this build (Advantages include speed, noise and heat) or a Standard SATA drive (i.e. Free, as I have some lying around). I've already got access to some DDR2 Modules, so memory won't be an issue. The last bit of hardware I need to worry about now is a SATA Optical Drive.

1 comment:

  1. The Red nodule thing on the right of the board (as viewed) is just a rubber cap covering the wireless aerial mount.

    ReplyDelete